Exercise & Fitness Community
Leg/calf cramps while skating!!!!!!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg/calf cramps while skating!!!!!!!!

Well to starts I am a skater, for a local roller derby league. I just started  but  I have noticed a lot of pain and discomfort. The most recent  happens when I am trying to skate as fast as I can my thigh muscle starts the cramp up, as well as my calf muscles. So bad to the point that I can barely lift my skate off the ground. When I stop skating Im fine but my knees are sore. I dont know what to do or how to fix it. Please help!!!!!
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
798555_tn?1292791151
I get calf cramps (partially from a thyroid condition). I was looking here and thingking of posting, but I see no one has abswered your question.

So I dont know how to eliminate calf cramps, but have learned how to manage it better. You need to work out knots before stretching. I use a tool called Thera Cain to do this. Then stretch against a wall. I have found that tight hamstrings can pull on the calf muscles as well (muscle tightness spreads).

Magnesium Glycinate specifically helps relax muscles, not the same as Mag oxide which does nothing. A product called Hyland Leg Cramps can work. Drink a lot of water before physical activity.
Blank
Drink more water. Cramps are a sign of not enugh water. I can get cramps when I swim but as long as I'm drinking tons of water I'm fine.
Blank
Drink more water. Cramps are a sign of not enugh water. I can get cramps when I swim but as long as I'm drinking tons of water I'm fine.
Blank
798555_tn?1292791151
Lots of water makes no difference to me. For some , its a deeper unknown problem, maybe a vitamin, or mineral deficiency, or even hypothyroid - which I have.
Blank
Hi, such cramps can occur whenever the person is engaged in doing strenuous exercise like in your case. This happens due to lack of water and electrolytes in the body. You should maintain your hydration along with appropriate electrolytes before and during the exercise. This could be applicable to any form of exercise. All the best.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...