Leg muscle pain and stiffness
52 YO male.  For the past couple of months I have had increasing leg muscle pain, stiffness, and general discomfort that seems to move around -- some days the calves are most affected, other days the hamstrings or gluteals or sometimes the muscles along the side of the thigh, below the hip.  Oddly, the only thing that makes it BETTER is to exercise -- I do about 25 min. of walking on the treadmill most mornings and I feel pretty good during the session.  Once I get off and stiffen up, though, I am usually pretty miserable for the rest of the day.  The stiffness, general discomfort, and sense of dysfunction is worse than any pain per se.  My doctor says it's "just" a combination of not stretching enough and bad mechanics/imbalances, and recommends more aggressive PT, but I am starting to wonder if there could be some DISEASE process going on not just an orthopedic problem.  PS I am not on cholesterol medication, I did take Lipitor briefly, but only for six weeks and the problem really started in earnest quite some time after I stopped.  Any ideas?
I have a question. It seems a lot of times when I am walking my claves tighten up on a regular basis. It is almost as if I have a clot or something, and when I go running I almost always get sheensplints. Can anyone explain to me what might be going on. It is an uncomfortable feeling and I do not know what to do
Actually I meant my Calves