Exercise & Fitness Community
Lower Stomach Pain After Excersise

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Lower Stomach Pain After Excersise

I'm a 24 year old female about 5'8 and about 150lbs. Lately, I have been running almost everyday or do a short workout in the house. It is followed by intense pain in my lower stomach similar to the pains I get during my menstrual cramps. This pain occurs though when I am not on my period. Sometimes after running a mile it is so intense I have to lay down until it goes away. The pain usually doesn't last more than 10 min. The more intense the workout the more intense the pain. It does not feel like it is a type of muscle pain. Is there something serious going on, or is this normal? If it's normal how do I make it stop?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

The most common reason is sudden bursts of intense physical exercise for you body.

If you have started running recently and have developed these symptoms then there is an issue of getting your body acclimatized to run.

Take time and slow down whenever you get the pain and with time if your symptoms do not stop then get yourself examined by a physician.

I would also suggest you to eat proper breakfast or eat something before you start running. You would need to take fruit juices, a glass of milk, fruit platter, porridge something which can be easily digested also will give you energy.

Take care!

I know it's been several years since you posted on this thread but I was wondering if you ever figured out what was causing those pains.. I'm 24 and started experiencing the same menstrual type cramps after running and it is unbearable. I have an appointment with the doctor in a few weeks but I thought id ask to see if you've found out a solution to the problem

Thanks!
gymdandee commented on Remedies for Arthriti...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Conjugated linoleic a...
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Remedies for Arthriti...
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine