Exercise & Fitness Community
MCL stertch
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MCL stertch

Hi
I'm 16 yrs old and recently jumped from about 1.5 m height and landed my my feet.This wasn't the first time but the next day I began feeling a "mild pain" in my knees and in the feet.
The pain in the feet's gone but I feel a bit pain in my both knees while walking fast and kneeling.
When I stretch my right knee, it gives out a 'pop' sound like 5 of 10 times stretched.
There's no swelling on the right knee but it st feels sore at the left side of the right knee i.e. on the MCL.
My Dad says it's a sprain but I'm on pain killers for a week.I'm able to walk without any prob.
Could this be a MCL sprain or tear?Can I any exercises to heal it?
Please help!
Than You.
Related Discussions
Hello!

For any MCL injuries, a MCL test will be done to detect looseness of the ligament. This test involves bending the knee to 25 degrees and putting pressure on the outside surface of the knee.
Other tests to diagnose ligament injuries in the knee may include: MRI of the knee, X-rays of the knee and also anterior and posterior drawer tests
Treatment includes applying ice to the area, raising the knee above heart level, and non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). You should limit physical activity until the pain and swelling subsides.
After an initial period of keeping the knee still (usually with a knee brace), knee strengthening and stretching exercises should be done. Physical therapy may be helpful to help regain knee and leg strength.
Surgery is not usually used for isolated tears of the MCL.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank