Mild Ache in knees after running
I'm sure this is a very common problem.  I have recently started jogging again, and about an hour after my run, I get an ache in both of my knees.  Usually it is a dull ache, but occasionally the main can get to moderate for a bit.  it does not affect my walking in any way, nor is it disturbing any of my regular activities.  I am a 25 y/o male who runs maybe 5 miles per week at most. Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!
I suggest you evaluate your running surfaces.  Knee problems are very common in people who run on hard surfaces like cement and tarmac.  These surfaces are very hard on the knee, especially if you "bounce" during the run or jog.  Try running on dirt or grass, or check out areas that have cork tracks that you could run on.  Gyms and colleges ususally have these tracks. Change your shoes frequently.  The average insole wears out in about a month with running and jogging exercise, long before the shoes look worn.  Also evaluate your feet placement.  Some people run or jog on their toes rather than the "rolled" heel-to-toe, which is better for your hips and knees. If you continue to have knee problem, try power walking instead.  When done properly it will give you a better workout than running or jogging and is better for the joints.  Hope this helps.
Starqueen-Thanks a lot!  This is the second time you took the time to answer one of my questions, and I just wanted to say thanks.  I'll try some of your suggestions.
How is that wrist doing?
Still getting pain from the cyst, but I'm working out on it anyway.  As long as I know that I'm not doing any damage, I can deal with the pain.  Thanks for asking!
Since it is both knees and not just one it is probably an overuse injury rather than an acute one (torn mesicsus, etc.).
All of the suggestions in the previous comments are great.
You should also try and determine if it is bursitis, tendinitis, or patellofemoral pain syndrome so that you can figure out what you can do longer term to help alleviate it.
Good luck.
i have had pain in my knees since before i can remember. my mother told me i would cry bc my knee or knees hurt. she would either rub them or put a hot compress on them and that would help.....  i am 25 now and i am having pain in both my knees right now. WTF!? i took an asprin and i know that the pain will go away soon, but y am i still getting these pains? My mother said they were growing pains and doctors dismissed them as the same. i have always been very active and shin splintz has come up from time to time. Most recently i exercised yesterday (which was the first time i worked out in a month) my legs are sore but that is normal. also i have these little bumps on both my legs that i have had since i was little and if u push them they give in so there not that hard; could they be related to my knee pains in any way. as an adult ppl have said the bumps could b calcium deposits. idk help please?