Exercise & Fitness Community
Missing abdominal muscle part

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Missing abdominal muscle part

Hello

When I was a little baby, I had to undergo a surgery for my kidney. So the doctors cut me at almost the middle bottom of the left upper quadrant of my abdominal. The scars of the surgery still shows till now, and it stretches from the middle till the side, but anyway this is not my concern here. Few month ago, I started doing exercises at the gym, and i started training my abdominal, now, I have reached a level where my packs really show very well, however, with a missing pack on the left side.

The third pack to the left (the place where the surgery cut took place), is not showing at all, as if i never trained it.
So, what is wrong with this muscle? is it dead? not functioning?
And is there anyway to let this muscle respond to the exercises I'm doing and gain size and definition as the rest?

Many thanks
Any idea??