Muscle Twitching/Tremors Last For Weeks After Working Out

For the past 3 weeks I've been suffering from random muscle twitching and tremors that occur mostly in my legs and arms. It happens throughout the day and especially at night, where I also get muscle shocks that move my entire arms or legs. There have been many days where I couldn't get any sleep, and I feel tired during the day as well.

This happened after I've been doing bootcamp/crossfit classes for an average of 5-6 days a week. Each week consisted of 3 weightlifting classes and 2 cardio classes, interchanging each day.

And for the record I realized that I wasn't hydrating myself enough while I was working out, especially before and after the workout. The only time I would really drink enough water was when I was doing the actual workout. However, I took notice of this and I now drink at least 6-8 cups of water per day. Also, I haven't been taking protein powder after my workouts as well and relied mostly on my diet for my protein needs. My nutrition plan isn't a strict plan either.

I just want to know if my workouts have anything to do with these random muscle occurrences? This has really been bothering me and tbh, anxiety most likely also has played a role in this as well. I get extremely worried especially at night when it feels like my arms and legs are possessed and being controlled. Anyways, if anyone can please help me that would be great. Thank you very much
When you change something and you get something new going on with your body, it's probably the change.  Boot camps tend to be pretty strenuous workouts.  You don't say what your fitness level or amount of vigorous activity was before, so it's hard to say if this is just too much too soon for you, but it is different than your normal routine and you've probably stressed your muscles and they're telling you so.  As for hydration, if you severely increase exercise, while hydration is essential, so are electrolytes, especially potassium and magnesium, which help relax the muscles.  I'd also ask if you're warming up first or doing any stretching, and if you're cooling down and doing any stretching.  As for protein, that can help with recovery from resistance exercise but a protein supplement isn't a necessity, it's a shortcut for people without the time to eat several meals a day if they engage in vigorous muscle work.