Exercise & Fitness Community
Muscles "pop" when stretching....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscles "pop" when stretching....

In a few cases over the past month, the muscles in my thigh/groin area have made a popping sound while stretching my legs, when I do the splits usually and usually after Ive been working out. I immediately feel a sharp pain then and afterwards while stretching in the same area. Later it feels sore/tight where it popped, and if I stretch again after a while the same place pops and its the same thing all over again. I get the feeling this is pretty common, but I still dont know what to do about it. Should I keep stretching despite the sharp pain, stretch more or less? Anything else I should be aware of about this?
Related Discussions

Here is what some else posted here at the forum. I hope this helps

I have a similar problem which was diagnosed as a Groin Pull or Pulled Groin. I am a 56 year old runner. After 3 months I think I am finally getting better. Is lifting your leg while lying down painful? Are situps painful? Do you have any pain in your testicles? Do you have pain in the area just above your genitals which presents when you lift your leg when lying down? If so then you probably have a groin pull. After seeing my primary care physician who sent me to a surgeon to check for a hernia I was advised rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medication (Advil, Mobic). The surgeon warned me that it would take a long time. It has.
There has been much discussion elsewhere about a condition called a Sports Hernia or Gilmore's Groin. You may also want to read about Athletic Pubalgia . letsrun.com has a long thread on Sports Hernia.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...