My left heel hurts on the side.
I run track and a few weeks ago when I put on my spikes after a long time my heel started hurting. It didn't hurt me instantly, first my foot  hurt on the top and then it stopped and when I was doing 400s for 1'20'' in spikes after runs my heel started hurting. First two weeks my heel stopped hurting the day after practice but now it hurts everyday. I just had 4 rest days and I did absolutely nothing and it still wouldn't stop hurting. My coach told me to put my foot into salty water and I did but it didn't help. The pain gets worse even  if I go for a slow jog. It hurts mostly on the side but it also hurts if I tap it with my hand. My coach also said that my running style is fine and shouldn't be the cause of pain. Here's a picture so you can better understand where it hurts http://imgur.com/a/k9YjM
Don't need a picture -- you probably have plantar fasciitis.  See a podiatrist or an orthopedist who specializes in feet, and do it quickly before it becomes chronic.