Exercise & Fitness Community
Name of disorder??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Name of disorder??

Hello everyone, i was wondering if any of you knew the name of a particular disorder.

Just a bit of background, about 2 years ago i was refered to a cardiologist as i started going to the gym and was finding very mild excersise left me with heart rates of 190 and above, a tight chest and i was fainting alot. After several ECG's, ecos and stress tests he was unsure of what was wrong but told me to go back if it happened again. So a few months later i was finding the ammout of excersise i could do before one of these events was getting less so went back. After more tests and a large meeting with several cardiologists they said i had a rare disorder (it dosnt have a name apparently) that means the blood is not shunted away from my gut when i excercise, so my brain does not get enough oxygen, hence fainting alot. And it would get worse some time in the future which would require medication.

Now they said it was similar to a condtion know as...........which meant the person could not control their blood pressure normally, and it rapidly dropped after excersise. Now i know it was not hypertension a) as i know what that is, and b) it sounded like vasa vora.

I dont suppose anyone could fill in the blank?? I need to change my contraception and my GP is being a pain in the bum about this BP disregulation issue (you would have thought they have written it on the medical notes! No, just a comment about symptoms!) So until i can tell him what its like he wont give me the contraception (harsh i think) and i dont want to have to wait months to go back to the cardiologist!

Thank you all in advance
Hi there!

This sounds like the steal syndrome, a few forms of which exist in the medical literature. You could discuss more about it with your treating cardiologist.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!