Exercise & Fitness Community
Name of disorder??

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Name of disorder??

Hello everyone, i was wondering if any of you knew the name of a particular disorder.

Just a bit of background, about 2 years ago i was refered to a cardiologist as i started going to the gym and was finding very mild excersise left me with heart rates of 190 and above, a tight chest and i was fainting alot. After several ECG's, ecos and stress tests he was unsure of what was wrong but told me to go back if it happened again. So a few months later i was finding the ammout of excersise i could do before one of these events was getting less so went back. After more tests and a large meeting with several cardiologists they said i had a rare disorder (it dosnt have a name apparently) that means the blood is not shunted away from my gut when i excercise, so my brain does not get enough oxygen, hence fainting alot. And it would get worse some time in the future which would require medication.

Now they said it was similar to a condtion know as...........which meant the person could not control their blood pressure normally, and it rapidly dropped after excersise. Now i know it was not hypertension a) as i know what that is, and b) it sounded like vasa vora.

I dont suppose anyone could fill in the blank?? I need to change my contraception and my GP is being a pain in the bum about this BP disregulation issue (you would have thought they have written it on the medical notes! No, just a comment about symptoms!) So until i can tell him what its like he wont give me the contraception (harsh i think) and i dont want to have to wait months to go back to the cardiologist!

Thank you all in advance
Hi there!

This sounds like the steal syndrome, a few forms of which exist in the medical literature. You could discuss more about it with your treating cardiologist.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
mishymoshymarcy Tell me there is more to li... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine