Exercise & Fitness Community
Pain in ribs and ticking noise?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Pain in ribs and ticking noise?

I am a 13 year old girl and this evening, out of nowhere I got this bad pain on my left side. It's sort of near my heart and ribs and it really hurts when I breathe in. Then, as I was going to bed, I took a deep breath in and heard this clear ticking noise like a watch. I realized I only heard it when I inhaled, so I think it's my heart beat. No matter how I sit or lay, the pain in my chest won't go away. Does anyone know what it is because I'm sort of scared?
Also, I've been feeling nauseous lately and my nose is stuffed up. That's probably unrelated but I want to make sure.
Thanks!
Tags: Pain, ribs, Chest, Heart, ticking, noise, nausea, lungs, breathe, help, please, scared
Hello starkidwho,

If you're 13 years old, you're probably living with your parents or caregivers.
I don't know your situation. Anyway, tell them. They can make an appointment and have you see your family doctor. You can describe to
your family doctor what you're experiencing. You're only 13. It could be
growing pains of a sort. However, it's always better to have these things
checked out. Everything will be alright. Don't worry, but tell them asap,
that's as soon as possible.  Be well.
I have the same exact problem! I'm seventeen and this has happened to me more than once, but I know the pain in my ribs and the ticking is related cause like I said this has happened to me before and first comes the pain then the tick. I have seen a doctor for it, but they had no answers and they just looked at my like I was nuts. Does anyone have an answer? What should I do?