Exercise & Fitness Community
Pain in shin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in shin

I started a job at school where I have to walk around campus for about 3 hours aday. Well I have been having some real pains in my shin when I walk. I was thinking it was a shin splint or something. Is there anything that I can do to help it? Maybe ease the pain?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Suppose you make sure it's shin splints first; maybe have an xray, just to make sure.  I developed shin splints several years ago after running several miles barefoot on a beach.  (I'll never know what possessed me to do that!)  Anyway, I still have trouble with my shins when I walk or press on them.  I have found that extending my leg outward and slowly pointing my toes downward then upward several times helps some.  I used to dance, and I find it helpful to do some of the ballet type movements used for warm ups.  Do as much stretching of your calves (toes up and down) as you can before and after you walk and see if it helps.  Good luck, and let us know if that works for you.  I'd be curious.
Blank
you have shin splints. suck it up it'll go away as your legs get stronger
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703