Popped Chest / Sternum
I was working out the other day and when doing dips, I felt my entire chest pop out and then fall back into place.

The pain was intense and felt throughout my whole chest and back.

I swear I thought I was going to die.  When walking home (gym is a few blocks away), I realized that my mobility was fine and probably wasn't going to drop on the side of the road.

It's been a week now (I know, I should have gone to the Doctor before now), and I still have pain in my chest and back, as well as a dull pain over my heart on the left side of my chest.  However, I have been going about my life normally, and aside from some difficulty sleeping, I am functioning as normal.  I can still lift heavier items, and although I haven't been lifting, I feel more or less normal.

I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow, but would like to know if anyone else has had this before, and their experiences.

Thanks,

Arthur
Hey Arthur!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include cardiovascular/ respiratory/ GI related causes, chest wall inflammation, muscle spasm, tendon/ ligament injuries etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I had the same thing happened to me a week ago.  I did go to urgent care and the doctor said that I popped a ligament at the sternum.  She told me not to do any lifting at all for a week.  To put ice pack on it alternating with heat.  Also to take motrin or aleve around the clock.  Its been a week and I am still in pain.  Will have to make an appt with my doctor.  My job requires a lot of lifting, pushing, and pulling of equipment.  I'm hoping this will go away soon.
Good luck to you.
It happened to me also last week after exercising.  I felt a pulsating pain on the left side of my chest. I still feel it (expecially when I move). I haven't exercise since I fist felt it.