Pounding ears
I ran this morning, a large block around where i live. And once i had finished i was tired, but nothing abnormal - no trouble breathing or pounding headache or aching legs - BUT my ears felt like they were about to explode and it took them quite a while to stop. I've never had this happen before and i was wondering if anyone knew why it might have happened or have any remedies for future cases of this mystery ear ache.
Hello!

Your middle ears are connected with your throat and if you have issues with it due to pressure difference you have inconvenience. Whenever you have this problem practice valsalva's maneuver and if you still have problems you would need to chew something and if still have problems then follow up with an ENT.

If you have issues with balance and vertigo then they are linked with your inner ear.

Take care!