Pulled Muscle
My daughter cheers competively and we think maybe she has pulled a muscle in her chest area-it hurts with extension of her arms (like reaching for something) and also we pulling or picking things up.  It seems to hurt so bad it brings her to tears-can a pulled muscle hurt this bad?  And what do you do to treat it?  The muscle area in the chest is consiserably more swollen on that side than the other.  Also, when should you see a doctor after treating this?
Rest.  

A strained muscle takes a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks to heal.  Then when you start back you must do so slowly.

I'm a track coach and I've nursed many a strained muscles.  It just takes time.  

If you try and use it, you will just make it worse and recovery time will be longer.

NEVER fight through the pain of a strained muscle.  It will only get worse.
I've been having a problem recently. I deliver Burger King Bread and it's very heavy, hard work. We're talking very large stacks of trays that are awkward and heavy. There's a lot of pulling, pushing, lifting, grabbing. About 4 days ago I starting hurting up in my chest area to the right of my right breast. It hurts when I breath in. I can't even do a push up, it's terribly painful.
My question, is this a muscle pull or tear? I'm supposed to work again Thursday, but I'm afraid I'm going to make it worse and worse everytime I work.
What do I do???
                     Dougiefresh
What do I do??? My email is dcboyd@nts-online.net
                     Dougiefresh