Rehab following broken metatarsal
Hi all

I have just spent the last 16 weeks slowly recovering from a broken 2nd metatarsal.

I saw the doctor yesterday and he said the bone had completely healed and I was OK to do what every physical activity on it I wanted.

I play alot of football and attended my first training session with my club the yesterday. At first it felt fine - obviously I could'nt do certain movements very well as is expected.

However following the session I have alot of pain in my foot making me limp - though little to no swelling.

What I wanted to know is if this is normal for this type of injury and whether there are any exercises or rehab I can do to get my foot stronger quicker, so I can get back to playing faster?

All opinons appreciated!
For general information I broke my metatarsal over thirty-five years ago and still experience ocasional pain. Hopefully you will have a better outcome.
Hi, it is recommended that the patient should start like physical exercises after four weeks of fracture treatment. This is to increase the range of motion and blood flow to the affected part. I don't know if you did the same or not. You have 16 weeks old fracture now in you require strengthening exercises to gain full range of motion and power before you can actually play or get involved in soccer training. The best is to consult a physiotherapist at this time. I hope this helps. All the best