Exercise & Fitness Community
Sciatic nerve causing ankle swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sciatic nerve causing ankle swelling

Hello, my partner had a snowboarding accident. He fell off a 15mtr cliff and shattered his hip/pelvis ball and socket joint. He has 2 plates and 6 pins in his hip and they have told him he has damaged his sciatic nerve. He cannot move or rotate his foot or wiggle his toes. That hip is non weight bearing at the moment, but he is experiencing continuious pain of pins and needles in his foot and burning. This is common I know, but he is also getting very swolen foot. Is this common also? What is causin this and what can be done to help it? When I massage the foot the swelling goes for a short time but comes back.

Thank you
Amie
Related Discussions
Hello!

He needs to take enough rest for bone healing. Once his fractures have healed he would need a long term therapy with the help of a Physiotherapist.
Presently the swelling is due to inflammation. He should take anti inflammatory drugs and also if possible he can take serratopeptidase to decrease inflammation. Discuss with his Orthopedician.
As there are pins and plates which are foreign bodies inserted into him he is experiencing pain.
With time and healing the pain will decrease.
Follow up with his Orthopedician in a regular basis.
Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank