Shin Splints and Weak Ankles
I have just began to jog for weightloss.  Every time I get started, my shins start hurting and my ankles feel weak. A group of us get together and believe me, we aren't going fast.  It eases up after a few minutes but my feet feel as if they are asleep.  We alternate walking and jogging atleast 3 nights a week and my ankles/feet and shins feel as if they are gonna give out on me.  Is this something serious or just beginner pains?
Hi, this could be beginner’s pain more than anything else. It seems like you're not used to doing exercise and have started doing for the first time on may be after long time. As you said, you do jogging not very fast so I suppose that you are aware of doing it slowly and comfortably. I hope you'll be better after a while. Please take care of your diet as well so as not to end up with calorie deficit and weakness. All the best