Exercise & Fitness Community
Should you exercise when sore?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Should you exercise when sore?

I have always wondered what is the right thing to do when you are sore after a strenuous workout. Should you
a) rest
b) do a light workout
c) enjoy the pain and workout as usual.
thanks
when ur at ur sorest then stop training for a day and let it rest.. but if u have a training split continue doing it.. just dont forget giving intervals into bodyparts are mopst likely to be hit twice on a given week. soreness really in studies doesnt mean more muscle it just a sign that u have tore a single or more muscles.  but nevertheless if ur split is good then u can still train back after a heavy chest since the triceps are the only ones including the delts tha was involved the chest day..hope that helps
Soreness means tearing of muscle bellies to help growth, if you are sore then don't workout that body part. Move on to another. set up your workouts so if you are sore it won't interfer with the next days work outs. Eat protien and carbs after your workouts!!!
and do stretch a lot.... in order to minimiz and fasten the recovery period,...
You should stretsh before you lift heavy and after warm up not when sore :( To help not get sore drink a little baking soda(see dosage on box) it is alkalizing and working out makes you acidic

or eat a lot of green vegs in that day after a hard work out to hopefully help you not be sore the next day
ei!!  i had read that stertching after each sets does aids recovery... i had tried it and its tested...  like those of chest and back muscles.. really try it sometimes..
The only time I have stratched that much is on leg day after each set to help the fasha of the muscle to help with muscle growth. I have tried the other still get sore even on leg days too