Exercise & Fitness Community
Shoulder surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Shoulder surgery

Hi there iam new to this but hope for some advice it's been 3month since I had shoulder surgery to sort the pain I was having and to get my shoulder moving back to normal .i had a scan on shoulder and it showed that my superspinatus tendon  was ruptured and rotater cuff was damaged and bicep torn so my surgeon repaired my rotater cuff and  superspinatus tendon cut through my bicep  shortened it then relocated it so it worked better . This was 3 month ago and the pain I first went to hospital with is still here and the range of movement is no better I've been through hell with the pain from this op and the money I've lost being self employed and the pain and problem is still with me wot a waste of time off work and money iam gutted and go back to work tomorrow not better anyone any ideas other than going back to surgeon.
Hi there!

Well, without the relevant clinical details or a details clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment on the situation. With the grade of injuries described, complete recovery may not be possible though improvement in the range of motion should be noted within a few week-months of post-surgery physiotherapy. It is best advised to follow this up with your treating orthopedician. If that is not an available option, one may consider a second opinion from another orthopedician for appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!