Sore Thumb at base
My thumb at the base is sore. I type alot, and I noticed I keep the muscle part of the thumb pressed down on the computer when I type. I believe this is what caused the soreness. I cannot quite typing, it is part of my job. The pain is getting worse. I dont know if I sprang it, tore a ligament, or what. I am severly allergic to pain...please help.
Hi.

I also do type a lot and notice some pain at that area when it is in contact with the table for a long period of time. At the moment, you could apply a cold pack on the affected area and take some over-the-counter pain relievers to ease the pain. You should also rest the sore area and let it heal for a while.

When you resume your work, and to prevent the soreness from occurring again, you should try and change your wrist and hand posture such that the base of the thumb is not in constant contact with the table or keyboard. Alternatively, you could invest in one of those softgel wrist pads to rest your wrists on.

Hope this helps.
well over the counter pain relievers arent effective for your type of pain you need to see a physical therapist or  see a doctor who will prescribe you some prescription pain medicine such as lortab or percocet it will relieve your pain til you can get something done about it and it will help you through your day,keep in mind they are addictive so take them as prescribed!