Exercise & Fitness Community
Sore thigh, hip, buttucks and lower back in Morning
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore thigh, hip, buttucks and lower back in Morning

I have not been working out at all or running becuase i had knee surgery 14 months ago. I recently decided to run for a friend in a 5K Cancer fund raiser. I rna fine, no knee problems. After the race I had some cramps in my calf muscles, not too serious. The next day my quads in the front of my thighs were so, i expected this. The next couple days I awoke each morning with tight muscles and cramping that starts about 5 minutesa fter I get out of bed and is so sore I canot even stand to shave. it is a shooting pain in my thights, buttucks and lower back, Just a slight shift of weight can cause a sharp pain in my muscles. Everything between my lower back, hips and thighs hurt. I take 3 asprins and sit for a while and the pain, cramps go away. The pain lasts for about an hour or so and eventually subsides to be livable but still hurts to go up and down or go from sitting to standing and first few steps all day long. This has not persisted for two weeks as of yesterday. I have been waiting for everything to loosen up and trying to stretch the muscles but to no avail. Any ideas what this could be. I am male, 5'10" and 180lbs, 58 years.