Exercise & Fitness Community
Steam rooms and saunas
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Steam rooms and saunas

I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and stay very active. I go to the gym everyday (approved by my doctors and Midwives). Before I became pregnant I used the steam room and found it extremely beneficial for my skin. Of course I have had to put that on hold for now, I do plan on resuming it once the baby is born. I plan on breastfeeding and this may seem like a strange question but will steam rooms or saunas decrease my milk supply? I have not been able to find any information on this subject via internet. I would be thankful for any info you may have on this.

Sincerely.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How you are feeling and how many weeks are you pregnant?
Using steam rooms after delivery and during breast feeding should not be of a concern to you or to your baby.
It would not effect breast feeding in any manner and there would be any decrease in milk production in your body as milk production is dependant upon Oxytocin-prolactin hormone cycle.
If you notice any symptoms suggesting that your milk production has decreased, then you can inform your Gynae and necessary intervention can be done.
Keep me informed.
Bye.
Blank
I gave birth by c-section 5months back and want to steam bathe..will that affect me in any way?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...