Exercise & Fitness Community
Stomach Pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Stomach Pains

Hi everyone,
I am a fourteen year old guy and I'm in good shape as I play basketball 4-5 days a week. For the past couple days I've been getting sharp pains in my stomach almost immediately after physical activity. I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas on why this would happen. Also, I eat well and hydrate during the activity. Thanks.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You might have pulled an abdominal muscle during your play recently.

You should take ibuprofen and rest for couple of days and then start playing. You have to start slow and increase your intensity after a week.

If your pain continues or the symptoms increase in intensity you would need some abdominal scans and a follow up with your physician for a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Take care!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

Take care!