Exercise & Fitness Community
Strange sensations in legs after exercising

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

This a sensation I feel in my legs after exercising (even after a short walk; less than a quarter of a mile) or taking a hot bath. It feels like my legs, all the way from top of my thigh and down to my ankles, are twitching and popping internally. To clarify, even though I said it felt like my legs are "twitching," the sensation cannot by seen (like a muscle twitch), it can only be felt internally. This sensation happens all over, continuously, popping all over like little tiny explosions, for about 15 minutes until it subsides.

To be clear, this sensation ONLY happens after exercise or when my legs are soaked in hot water. It's not something that can mysteriously arise. I know what triggers it. Also, the sensation is not painful. So I think we can rule out some type of spasm.

I wrote a similar post in the heart section of this forum. I'm desperately trying to connect with other people, who may have experienced a similar symptom, as doctors have not been any help to me. I've only had my thyroid levels tested twice. The first time my TSH level came back high. The second time I think my TSH was about a 3. The doctor though nothing of it.

I don't know if this symptom is at all thyroid related, but I figured it's worth a shot to see if anyone in the thyroid community could relate to what I'm describing.

Information about me: I'm 22 years old, and I have literally felt like death the past four years of my life. But no doctor has found out what's wrong with me. I have many symptoms, but most of them are hard to describe. That's why I'm describing the "sensations in my legs," because I feel it is the easiest symptom to describe with words, and this symptom started when I started to feel terrible (4 years ago; when I was 18 years old). So I think if I can figure out what is causing this, I can find the root cause to my problems.

Anyway, this may have been a confusing post. So I apologize if it was. I'm just looking to see if there's any one out there who has experienced this or knows what I'm talking about.