Exercise & Fitness Community
Stubbed my toe REALLY bad!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Stubbed my toe REALLY bad!

I have a question regarding my stubbed toe.  Last week I stubbed my toe while walking briskly and heard what I thought was me breaking the bone(s) in my toe (beside the baby toe).  It was very painful and still (a week later) is still slightly swollen and bruised.  Should I be treating it at all? Besides keeping it raised as much as possible (I am on my feet all day) I have done nothing.  Will this heal? What damage could I have done? What would cause such swelling and bruising?
Unfortunately there isn't much to do with a broken toe except let it heal.  My son had one once.  Dropped a weight on it.  The doctor said as long as it's not twisted but straight it will just take time.

You might want to get an xray just to make sure it will hear properly.
Hi, I too had a really bad "stub" about 10 days ago.  Since I was in a lot of pain, I did have an x-ray taken and I was told that it was "unremarkable."  Hard to believe since I still have pain when walking and when wearing shoes.  Might suggest getting an x-ray just in case.  I am looking forward to having my "normal" foot again.  Guess we all take things for granted until accidents happen.  Good luck with your foot.
My guess is that you broke it (swelling and bruising is a sign of this)  You might have just sprained it though.   Either way there's not much you can do.  Try to keep the weight off of it and let it heal.  
for people who just got a stubbed toe i suggest to put a ice pack on it about 3 hours or so later.i acyually just stubbed my toe today and thats what i did and it hlped so much i really think you should try it,it really helps the pain go away.
i have a stubbed toe right now and it herts realy bad. i dont know what to do eather so i just put ice on it. mine is bruised but it is not swelling and i need someone to tell me how to take care of it. i stubbed it when i was over a someones house and i was carrieing make up downstairs. i was running and i hit a leg of a table it still herts now and it herts to put a shoe on. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!