Stuck in an Exercise rut?
Hi there,
I was new to the exercise scene so I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD in May 2012, and received amazing results from it! Although I am at a healthy weight, I still have quite a way to go!

I also have No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which are pushing me hard but I am seeing no results! :( I haven't had many changes to my measurements since September time.

I recently doubled my dumbbell/handweight weight do you think this will help me see results? Or should I start doing something new? and if I should do something new, what type of exercise should I do instead?

Thankyou in advance for your help!! :)
Hi there!

If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. One would need adequate amount of calories to support the basic metabolic functions and if you work out vigorously, your required calorie intake rises. For the exercises better results may be obtained by rotating different work-out regimens such as a gym, swimming, yoga, aerobics, jogging, cycling etc. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose weight as desired in a healthy way. If your weight still does not seem to budge, you may consider an evaluation by a physician to rule out hormonal/ endocrine imbalances.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
The Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between each outburst. 

This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in the body. I personally feel that it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle. 

What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter 

It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body.  

Figure your heart rate by this formula 
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts. 

an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate): 

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191 
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126 
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107 
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147 
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172 
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172 

First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart rate then figure your rate by the 
Karvonen Formula above.

You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.