Exercise & Fitness Community
Sudden Headaches
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sudden Headaches

I have been lifting weights off an on for about 2 years now.  Suddenly I am starting to get really bad headaches once my heart rate gets elevated.  The headache starts at the bottom, back of the neck and goes up my head and finally towards the front and all over my head.  They last for some time--normally if I lay down and rest it goes away.  I don't have a history of headaches and rarely get them.  Any advice?  I have heard possibly it could be--strain, high-blood pressure, brain tumor ( i hope not) or exercise headaches.  Any help would be appreciated.  
Related Discussions
A lot of folks get exertion-type headaches and can be helped with anti-migraine meds. However, I'd see a health care practitioner to get a definitive diagnosis and make sure nothing else is wrong.I've used Excedrin Migraine to nip these in the bud, but I don't get  them that often, either.

But that's what it sounds like to me. Build-up of pressure in the vascular system, usually. You might want to get it checked out if they continue.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank