Taking Creatine and consuming higher protein on lithium
Hey guys, I take around 1200mg of lithium carbonate a day for the past 4 years. I was diagnosed with Bi polar type 2. I'm curious If I can keep taking creatine, and have diet with increased protein. I know lithium can tax the kidneys if your dehydrated, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this type of encounter. My doctor isn't too worried yet about it since I've been on it a short time. Lastly does anyone know if taking lithium long term degrades your kidneys in general.
Thanks guys
Google the lithium and find out.  As for the creatine, it can destroy you even without the lithium if you take too much or even if you're getting a lot in your diet and you supplement.  But I don't know the answer to your question.  A high protein diet can harm your kidneys as well.  I guess the question is, are big muscles worth that much to you?  Do you need creatine to get them?  If it is the most important thing in your life, then maybe it's worth the risk.  If it's not, then maybe it isn't.  But again, these are really common and long-used substances, so if you Google them you should get all the info you need to make your decision.
Make sure your drinking lots of water with creatine deapeding on your size drink at least a gallon a day and try to take breaks on creatine example one month on one moth off I hope this help taking creatine incorrectly will not work or benifit you if this does not help stop creatine beacause there is not enough information on it for it to be completely safe