Exercise & Fitness Community
Tendonitis in legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Tendonitis in legs

I get tendonitis SO much! I have had tendonitis in both achilles tendons, my iliontibial band, and now the inside of my right thigh. I do have flat feet, but I buy good shoes every 3 months, and I wear dr prescrip orthotics. I need to lose about 50 lbs, but after 1 month of going to the gym, I have tendonitis again. My questions are, how can I prevent this? Why is it happenening when I'm NOT overdoing it? And can I still work out? Usually I stop working out, continue to work my job (3 1/2 hours a night, light lifting,) and ice the injury until it is better. After it is  better I use moist heat to loosen the scar tissue, along with stretching. What would happen if I were to keep working out despite the pain? My workouts are VERY easy. Five minute warmup on a bike, stretching, some weight machines (lowest wt,) then more stretching. I've done this 3 times a week for a month, and then last night my leg hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. Even after 2 Aleve. I love exercise. I need it to relieve stress, and to lose weight. My dr said don't cut my calories if I can't exercise, so it doesn't matter how healthy I eat. I still won't lose weight without exercise. How can I get this well and keep it from happening again? Can I continue my workout? If not, what should I do to speed the healing process and prevent reinjury? Thank you so much for providing this service!

Erin4him
you can try one of the wraps
The tube wrap pulls on over your foot and ankle.  It has the toes and heel open so you can wear it with your own stockings.  The Ankle Wrap can also be used as a Small Knee Wrap or Small Elbow Wrap.  Just rotate the cut-out heel area away from the pain.
This wrap will fit if the circumference of you instep and ankle are both 7-to-13 inches.