Exercise & Fitness Community
Tendonitis in legs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tendonitis in legs

I get tendonitis SO much! I have had tendonitis in both achilles tendons, my iliontibial band, and now the inside of my right thigh. I do have flat feet, but I buy good shoes every 3 months, and I wear dr prescrip orthotics. I need to lose about 50 lbs, but after 1 month of going to the gym, I have tendonitis again. My questions are, how can I prevent this? Why is it happenening when I'm NOT overdoing it? And can I still work out? Usually I stop working out, continue to work my job (3 1/2 hours a night, light lifting,) and ice the injury until it is better. After it is  better I use moist heat to loosen the scar tissue, along with stretching. What would happen if I were to keep working out despite the pain? My workouts are VERY easy. Five minute warmup on a bike, stretching, some weight machines (lowest wt,) then more stretching. I've done this 3 times a week for a month, and then last night my leg hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. Even after 2 Aleve. I love exercise. I need it to relieve stress, and to lose weight. My dr said don't cut my calories if I can't exercise, so it doesn't matter how healthy I eat. I still won't lose weight without exercise. How can I get this well and keep it from happening again? Can I continue my workout? If not, what should I do to speed the healing process and prevent reinjury? Thank you so much for providing this service!

Erin4him