Tingling in Hands after walking
Hi,  Whenever I walk for more than 20 minutes or so I start to get substantial tingling and numbness in my fingers that is almost painful.  When I first told my doctor, she suggested that I might have some sort of edema in my wrists and suggested I raise my hands up over my head when it happens.  Unfortunately this seems to have little or no effect and, the tingling and numbness took an hour or so to go away regardless of this measure.  The last time I went walking, my right thumb continued to tingle, feel numb and felt almost like I had a blister, not really painful but rather annoying.  I went back to my doctor and she suggested I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, suggesting I take a NSAID, use ice and wear a brace (I do spend a great deal of time at my computer).  Frankly, I haven't been all that conscientious about any of these treatments, perhaps since I am unconvinced of the diagnosis since the symptoms were so immediate (as opposed to gradual) and the symptoms are constant and unchanging in severity regardless of any of these measures.  The symptoms do not get worse at night. Although the numbness remained constant for many weeks, slowly over the past two weeks or so they have abated a great deal and the feeling in my thumb is approaching normal again.  I am somewhat overweight and I would like to return to my evening walks.  My "bodily impression" (for want of a better phrase) is that I'm irritating or impinging something in my armpit area when I walk, but, alas, this is just a vague impression or feeling of tightness there. . . Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks!
My husband went through numbness and tingling in his thumb and two other fingers.  His doctor thought that it was a pinched nerve (and a few other things) and did a bunch of tests because it came on so quickly and without warning.  Well, after all the tests and many trips to the doctor