Exercise & Fitness Community
Treatment for back injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatment for back injury

Hi.  I have a sore back.  I have a history of a prolapsed disc.  Last year I had referred pain in my left quad for which I had physio.  I have pain and tingling in my foot and calf periodically.
I joined a running group a week ago.  The runs I found quite fast and challenging.  I went for a long run on Sunday.
I have had left quad pain again followed by pain on my right hand side underneath my ribs.

I'm unsure whether to see a doctor or not.  My doctor is currently away but will be back next week.  Not sure whether I actually need to see someone.

My concerns are:
What do I do about my back?  I've been doing the back exercises the physio gave me last year (which don't seem to be helping a lot).  I was taking volatren tablets I had been given but have run out.  Should I be taking more?
How long am I likely going to need off running?

I think some of the other pain I was having was due to reflux and possible gallstones.  Not sure.  It feels better now.

Any advice?