Exercise & Fitness Community
UMBILICAL HERNIA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

UMBILICAL HERNIA

I had tummy tuck/umbilical hernia repair 2 years ago. I suspected that the hernia was not repaired as I still have the 'bulge'. I am slim and the bulge is noticable (to me) and while I would like to get it fixed, I am hesitant as I just went through the large expense and painful recuperation so recently. I went to the GP doc yesterday and she confirmed I have an umbilical hernia.  She suggested I go back to the plastic surgeon who operated - but he didn't do a good job so why should I go back to him? I don't know who to trust - he came highly recommended and wasn't any good.
What should I do??? HELP!
Hi Eve,
This is difficult to correct without surgery. In fact, delay will only gradually exacerbate the present hernia, and the gap in your abdominal muscles around the umbilicus will widen with time.
Unfortunately, heavy exercises too will worsen the condition, so I would not recommend these till you are properly evaluated by a surgeon.