Exercise & Fitness Community
Underarm soreness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Underarm soreness

Hello. Monday of this week I had a slight soreness in my right underarm. I lifted a very heavy crate at work and both arms bothered me on Tuesday. Today is Friday and they are still a bit sore so I'm wondering what the cause might be. They are mostly sore along the tendons on the front of the underarm and I can feel the soreness move down from the underarm and towards the ribs and chest. I definitely felt a bit sore this morning on one side when I lifted a heavy box again. I work for UPS and am always lifting boxes. I generally only feel the soreness when picking something up, or putting my weight on the arms. The muscles on the arms just below the shoulders on the top of the arms are sore as well as the week has gone on. It's not a constant soreness, just one that pops up here and than. There's a bit of soreness in my upper back between the shoulder blades and the top of the back of the neck to. Thoughts?

Several types of injuries can result if heavy weight is lifted carelessly with a sudden jerky movement. This may lead to injury of the tendon, fascia, ligaments or muscle. Sometimes inflammation of the part may result in severe pain when you attempt lifting any weight.

The best treatment is that you should allow your arm to rest and avoid lifting ant weights for the next few days. Using cold packs and some analgesic anti-inflammatory medication would provide some relief.

However, if the pain persists or you experience any swelling, extreme tenderness, weakness or numbness, you should consult a doctor.

You may write in if you need any more information.

Regards