Exercise & Fitness Community
Vitamin B12 Shots Good or Bad?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Vitamin B12 Shots Good or Bad?

I am a 25 year old overweight female. I have made an appointment to begin taking B12 shot every week. I just want to make sure this is ok and what are the side effects if any.
B12 is a soluable vitamin, should be fine. I'm assuming your doctor is giving you the shot?
You can ask the nurse at your Dr.'s office to show you how to give the shot to yourself.  I take a B12 shot weekly and the Dr. said I could do it myself.  This way you won't have to pay them for administering the shot.  It's very easy to do.
I was wondering which areas's are ok to give yourself injections?  I take monthly injections for about a year now, and it's always been in the arm, but I'm finding it really painful, much more than at first, and my family doc is blaming the fact that my hubby (who gives the shots) doesn't know what he's doing.  But on a previous visit she told me that it didn't matter.  

I'm just looking for some other spots I can use, so that each arm has more than a month to heal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I have been giving myself B12 shots everyday for a week now, with no pain or problems.  I usually do it in my leg, but for some reason today it is so painful!  I tried two different needles and three different places, and it hurt to much to put in the needle.  I finally had my father put it in at my hip without to much pain.  Why would it start hurting so much now?
I have been giving myself B12 shots everyday for a week now, with now pain or problems.  I usually do it in my leg, but for some reason today it is so painful!  I tried two different needles and three different places, and it hurt to much to put in the needle.  I finally had my father put it in at my hip without to much pain.  Why would it start hurting so much now?
Can someone tell me what the dosage is you get? Some doctors will only do it once a month does anyone know why that is?
Has anyone bought the B-12 shots online? If so where? And what dosage?
I took B12 shots from a doctor and also administered myself. I usually prefer it in the upper hip. I switch sides from week to week. It should not "hurt" but it sometimes burns. If you are doing it yourself, it is pretty easy, you just need to be sure that you hit the spot "head on" to avoid bruising. Good Luck.  
WELL I JUST GOT PUT ON THE SHOTS  AND IM SCARED,, I  WAS DIAGNOSED  WITH RA AND FLAYMANOAISA  AND NOW THE B12 SHOTS  WILL SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME
you can purchase b12 injections online through a real dr. at www.mydietsolutions.com. DR. GATES WEBSITE. REAL REASONABLE PRICES.
I live in the Towson, MD area.  Does anyone know a dr. around here who does the b-12 shot at a reasonable price?  Thank you
Hi there
i just got my first 12 shot and am looking forward to it's benefits.....
My daughter admisnsiter me the shot as she has learned to give shot. She is studying to become a LPN and will be graduating soon ! I must asmit i was kinda scared of it BUT i find it didn't hurt more than an ant bite.
I will be administering the shot every day or everyother day !
I bought a 10 vial of b12 for $8.99 it is enough for 5 to 10 days and in case you are wonderingit is B12 for Humans :)
Wish me luck here
For the past year I have been taking Phendimetrazine (Phen Phen) you can only get the prescription from a doctor. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months, and kept it off. Part of the weekly doctor visits include a B12 shot which really helps. I can almost feel the energy instantly. I have alot more energy at the gym too. I now go to the doctors bi-monthly, and if I want a b-12 shot, i'll either pay the $15 to have the doctor do it, or go to Trader Joes or Whole Foods and buy either the tablet form (make sure its the kind you put under your toungue, or the liquid version) for about $10 for a month supply
Can a small frame,165pd 5'7 woman with the bmi of 26 benefit from B12 shots and or pills. I ve tried every diet and excerise program and not on e pd lost.
can B12 shots couse you to have heartburn
Barbara Jean
I have been doing B12 shots for a long time. I have prenicious anemia and it is no big deal to give them to myself. One thing I have discovered is that you have to really be careful about moving the spot around and try not to get the same spot more than once a week. it can really cause pain if you get the same spot too many times. I was getting it from my Dr then I discovered that it was cheaper on line. My Dr did caution me about not getting them from Canada. I started with www.mydietsolutions.com but they stopped selling them. I think it was the shots with the lipotripics that they had to stop. I found a new place and they are US based and cheap. It is http://b12shotsonline.com. What I really like was it comes with a prescription and a sharps container. I take 1cc once a week.
Lori
Can anyone tell me if you have to be on a special diet or anything while taking the B12 shots.....
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You can take normal balanced diet with vitamin B12 shots.

Only take vitamin B12 shots if you are prescribed and if you need it.
You can always take proper diet and oral forms for mild problems.

Take care!
Where is the best place to give yourself the B12 shot without bruising?  My doctor gave it to my in my thigh and I think she put it in the muscle and it created a very large awful bruise that lasted 3 weeks, I tried to give it myself in my outer hip and the bruise was much smaller but still very purple and lasted 2 weeks.  I live in FL and like to go to the beach.  I don't want to look like an abuse victim... Please can anyone advise me how and where to give myself the shot??  Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

The vitamin B12 shot sure causes some amount of discoloration and bruise at the site of injection till it is absorbed completely. Try at other sites like the gluteus or antero lateral side of the thigh.

You can try to take it near an expert a little deeper on the muscle with good tone and consistency and also make sure to take an allergy test before getting injected.

Some people as individuals due to the antibody reaction react more to a foreign body and this depends from individual to individual.

Take care!
Why not get it from Canada?  I can assure you there are no problems with our drugs, and, in fact, it can be bought WITHOUT a prescription here.  It is also probably a lot less expensive.
****.com    there are in Canada