Exercise & Fitness Community
WILL THIS HELP??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

WILL THIS HELP??

i have started to jog in the last month, and have reached the goal of being able to do 4km in 30 minutes. Along with that if time is available i ll do stretches and crunches.
My weight is 57 kgs and i want to come down to 50 kgs. i mostly have belly fat. Using a physical trainer is costing me too much.
I need to know if i maintain a  30 min regime of 4km for 5 days a week, how long will it take for me reduce? , and how often is it ok to have the "sweet tooth" satisfying foods like  cake, or chocolate, or coke,...?
Hey Mansi!

First of all, it is really good effort that you are making towards being fit!
Weight-loss is just one of the milestones towards the destination - fitness!

I'd like to modify your plan a little to make it 'work' better!
Increasing jogging time to 40 minutes instead of 30; try making 6 kms instead of 4. Dont jog at a steady pace but keep increasing/decreasing jogging speed -  this is called moderate-intensity interval training. Get some more details about fat-loss and fitness on my blog at http://www.bodyweightworkoutsystem.com/

Stay away from "sugars" & refined flours as far as possible!

Let me know if I can be of further help to you.

Best,
Parth Adhyaru
i dont get time to do Crunches , stretches... without these will i still lose any kilos??
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi, it's good to hear that you are able to do 4km running every day. Important thing is to run four kilometer a day without rushing to make it in half an hour. That will start anaerobic process which is not good as compared to doing aerobic exercises. By running four kilometres a day,you will lose 7kG Weight in about two months. For abdominal fat you have to do some bending exercises suitable for abdomen. there is no harm to take sweet food every once in a week for you. regards
You are doing great!  There is no way to 'spot reduce' so if you keep running you will drop weight all over even if you are not doing crunches etc.  Interval training is a great way to increase the intensity of your exercise without overdoing it.

If you are sticking to a low-fat, high protein, moderate carb diet all week you can safely have 1 cheat day a week!  If you want to see faster results go with '1 cheat meal' vs '1 cheat day'!

It would also be good to add resistance (weight) training 2x a week if only for 30 minutes.  Weight training increases lean muscle mass which helps burn more fat, as well as toning your body.  Start with 1 est of 8-12 reps per body part.

Good luck in your program!