Weight Lifting injury
I was bench pressing 225 lbs for 12 reps.  Not to heavy, but while on rep 6 needed to readjust my grip.  While locked out at the top of my rep I attempted to adjust my grip and dropped the barbell on my chest.  I believe it landed on my sternum between rib 3 and 4.  The weight bounced and I caught it and ditched it above my head..  I weigh approx 212 lbs, and am experiencing extreme pain in my chest which subsides with 800 mg of Motrin.  With Motrin it feels like dull pressure.  Without if feels as if two grown men are prying my chest apart.  I have to sleep sitting up.  Is there a likelyhood of a fractured sternum and is there treatment??  Thank you..
You need to go to a doctor NOW. It could be anything from bruised ribs, broken ribs, collapsed lung, internal bleeding or a combination of the above or something else.

Your chest cavity is full of vital organs and any trauma needs to be evaluated by a doctor especially with a crushing blow like this. I am not trying to scare you but you should promptly go to the ER. If yo are still good now chances are it isn't anything too serious but you could still have some broken bones that need to be taped up.

Note I am not a doctor.
It sounds like it hit your sternum.  It is the bone in the chest that you compress when doing CPR.  If you do it correctly, the tip of the sternum will break.  It sounds like you may have done that to yourself.  This can be a serious matter, so go to the MD and get an xray. If you don't have a regular MD, go to an urgent care clinic.  Don't put this off.
why are u asking questions? go see a doctor NOOOW.
i am 15 and today i was warming up with 85 pounds. I was on my 3rd rep , and as i was placing the weight on my chest so i could explode back up i heard a pop in my chest.  It does not hurt to breathe but any minor tap on my chest causes excructiating pain.
Can someone help:?
Hi Opis,
So you are a professional weight lifter or building your muscle.
Your injury suggests that you might be having muscle pull. It can also be due to ligament tear.
Do you feel like your shoulder or elbow joint is giving away? If so, then it might definitely be due to ligament injury.
If you sustain to feel pain then you should get an x-ray study done to see if there is any rib fracture or rib dislocation.
Keep me posted.
Bye.