What do you think is most important to losing and maintaining weight loss?
What percentage of weight loss and maintaining that loss do you attribute to your diet and what percentage to your exercise routine?  Is either more important than the other overall?  
This isn't a question with a generalized answer.  People aren't built the same and don't live the same lives.  Sedentary people need exercise more than people who move a lot in their daily lives.  In fact, one daily bout of exercise does not compensate for living a sedentary life all the rest of waking hours.  For most of history, people didn't "exercise," but they had to move a lot to survive day to day.  People who walk as their form of transportation rather than ride, or bike, will need less formal "exercise" than those who drive.  People who do more manual work will need less than those who sit at a desk.  People who are naturally born with high metabolism will need less than those who aren't.  Those who are genetically thin need less than those prone to obesity.  So diet is more important provided you live the life of a natural biological creature.  If you live a highly "civilized" or artificial life you will need more "exercise."
Exactly
Everyone is different.some people want to lose weight some people are happy with their weight, and some want to gain.A pound of muscle and a pound of fat both weight a pound.  But a segment of muscle weighs more than an equal size of fat. You might be reducing your size and getting into better shape, but be aware that this might make you weigh more than you did before you began working out. And remember Weight is Not Always a Reflection of Health.
For me, I exercise til the cows come home but do not really affect my weight until I clean up my diet.  I had a health instructor actually give a percentage . . .80 percent of our physique is the food we eat, rest is exercise.  I'd say that is about right for me.  
H Mombojombo! Diet is the most important part of weight loss, in fact, about 75% of weight loss is due to diet. This is because not all weight loss is from fat, but also from the loss of inflammation caused by foods that contain things our body reacts to with an immune response. While exercise is very important to health, a diet high in nutrients is vital to get your cells functioning at their peak levels causing an uptick in your metabolism. Once you get rid of the inflammation that is in your body, you will find you have more energy and motivation to lose the weight. Please let me know if you want more information. (Most diet programs focus on calorie input vs. output when that is not the most important factor! If you want to lose weight - and then keep it off - you need to focus on getting the nutrients your body needs.)
Have a great day and good luck!
Rather than going for exercise you can walk for few hours and to regularise  your diet by taking help from dietitian.