Wrist pain
I've been lifting for the last 3 months and I've noticed the higher weights I get into, I get a sharp pain into my left wrist once I release the weights.  I have this problem when I am doing barbell curls and preacher curls.  I already do some wrist curls and I have one of those wrist roller things that I use with weights too.  I used to get the pain farther up right around the middle of the forearm but now it has moved to the wrist area.  I am lost, I have taken time off for a pulled muscle or so I thought and started up and the pain is there again.  I have tried a wrist brace and yeah it does help a tiny bit but I still get the pain after a set.  If it helps I do not get this pain at all when I do any pushing movements- bench, military press etc..... it just seems whenever I am doing something straight out in front of me, curls, tricep press down, pretty much anytime I curl or have to curl my wrist slighty.
When any patient complains of wrist pain the initial differential diagnosis includes carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, ulnar collateral ligament injury, “trigger finger,” fractures, and rheumatoid arthritis.
If you give us little more detail about your symptoms then probably we can understand your condition better.
Where is your pain? What is the quality of your pain and/or symptoms (e.g., sharp, electric, dull, aching, numbness, tingling, etc.)?
What are your occupation and hobbies? When did your symptoms begin? Do you ever have symptoms at night that awaken you from sleep? Have you tried any treatments for your pain and have they helped?
Keep us posted with your answers.
Bye.
I've been experiencing the exact same issues as sbamm 1. I am experiencing pain on the left side of the wrist of my right hand. Whenever i put any strain on it like a curling motion i feel sharp pain around the top and bottom of the left side of my right hand. I am a college student at UNI, but spend quite a bit a time at my computer. The injury occurred about 3 weeks ago when I was maxing out on incline bench press. I finished my set with no pain. I think it was caused when I went to rack the bar, which was behind my head. I went to the student health center and was given some pre-wrap, and I haven't worked out since the incedent. I have had troubles falling asleep and staying asleep. Any help towards getting me back to working out at full speed would be appreciated.