Exercise & Fitness Community
abdominal exercises

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

abdominal exercises

My son's hockey coach is having the boys lay on the floor and lift their legs up while the other boys run around a circle ON their stomachs.  My son is very skinny (he's 13 and only 90 lbs) while some of the other boys that are running on his stomach are 160-170 lbs.  How can this be safe?  One of the very heavy boys jumped on his stomach and then twisted before he jumped off and really hurt my son's stomach.  I guess alot of the kids were even crying after this.  Please help!
You should talk to the coach about discontinuing this practice. It sounds as though somebody's going to really get hurt. There is a fine line between toughening kids up and risking serious injury.

www.fitnessquestonline.com
we all tried today at the parent meeting and the coach just took it out on the kids and yelled at them for being "sissy's" and telling their parents everything.  They did the activity again today in dryland.  I'm trying to figure out what else to do.  Thanks for your reply.
I think that I would try and go to a higher power then the coach... It seems like there is a bigger issue here and you need higher help principle, if that doesn't work speak to represenative of the school...
That exercise is a$$inine!!  I cant believe that an adult would do that to young boys.  They could really damage their internal organs!  That guy needs a wake up call.  I agree with Smiles22, you should talk to someone with more authority.  
Make sure the skates are off first,...