anal fissure
i have sever pain when passing stool. i have in the past been diagnosed with anal fissurs and had surgery to fix diverticulitis. the dr stopped giving me hydrocortozone suppositories because he feels long term and excessive use can damage my anal area. he started me on nitrobid for the first time but i don't see improvement yet only have been using for 4 days but it is not relaxing the anal muscle in that area. when applying the medicine i notice it shut tight and hurts to press through to apply the medicine. Any additional suggestion for treatment and can i use hemmoroid medicine along with nitrobid to help with me passing stool.
Anal fissures should be surgically corrected.
To relieve pain you can take seitz baths as in case of haemmoroids. Anti inflammatory drugs and also rectal medications.
Eating lot of dietary fibre with roughage is always good to have a control of your stool. Stool softeners will also help.
I would suggest you to visit a surgeon to evaluate your case presently and if you can go for surgery to correct your fissure that is the best way. Take care!
You can see your colorectal doc about treating the fissure before considering the surgery. Google the surgery for yourself and you'll see why you might want to try to get around that!  Talked with a nurse recently who had the surgery. She has to stay home with any illness and lay out towels everywhere due to the bowel incontinence. Doesn't help her much to know the statistics on it were low. I did the nitro compound, and that did help. Recently I chose to have the botox injection. Wow! What a difference! If I had had this treatment from the beginning, I would not have missed several weeks of work. And! No headaches!!  I've read the recurrence rate on botox, and hope to work on prevention and early treatment should it return. Good luck to you. I do know personally the misery of anal tear!
Hello!

Take all preventive measures and change in diet and lifestyle is very important.
For immediate relief of pain do take anti inflammatory drugs.

Another important thing most patients miss out is the blood loss, check your hemoglobin and if it is low go for iron supplements.

Take care!