Exercise & Fitness Community
calf pain after knee tendon stretched

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

calf pain after knee tendon stretched

a few weeks ago I fell while hopping over a large mound of snow.  I went to the emergency room the next day due to the pain in my knee.  Doctor says I stretched the tendon on the outside of my knee causing pain...so I kept it elevated and took nsaids and iced it.  I've rested it quite a bit.  sitting for a few days and taking it easy overall.   about a week ago I began to have pain in the calf.  on a scale of one to ten, it feels about a five.  it only hurts when touched.  then today as I walked in a store, I heard a click in the  knee
I am sorry about your pain but as you are esperiencing, the calf, quadraceps, hamstrings, and tendons all all interconected to the knee. Its like if one person has tight calves it may relay pain all the way up to the back of the neck do to tension. The body does not always heal back the way it was in the first place and may not heal in the time we want it to.

You could

See a physiotherapist
Visit your doctor again
give more healing time with ice and rest
apply arnica oil to the area
Or anything else you know of

Jen
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Generally a click in the knee not associated with pain does not need treatment. Occassionally injury to menisci or a fold within the knee (plica) or damaged joint surface can cause the clicks.
Deep vein thrombosis of the deep veins of the leg or maybe valvular dysfunction of the deep veins of the legs can cause calf pain. The pain could also be radiating from the knee.
If symptoms persist consult an orthopedic specialist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!