Aa
A
A
Close
eating at night
I trying to lose weight. I manage to lose about 24 lbs in 2 months. The thing is that I tend to get up in the middle of night to eat. I want to stop but nothing seem to work. I takes these sleep aid gummies but they don't work. I talked with a dietitian but didn't really give me much information. I trying my best to eat 10 calories sugar free jello but sometime I eat anything ( I like a pregnant girl, just eat anything). Does anybody have advice on good eating tips or good pills that help me sleep? Thank you very much  
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You don't want to get hooked on taking a pill to sleep -- eventually the insomnia will just get worse.  There are some natural sleep remedies that don't do this -- melatonin about 1mg or so is probably the best -- but obviously, you have to find one that works.  What you want to ideally, though, is figure out why you can't sleep and fix it.  As for eating when you get up, that's just discipline.  We can't supply that for you.  If you know it's bad for you and you keep doing it, that's a problem for a therapist, not a nutritionist.  But you do need to learn a lot about eating -- sugar free foods are even worse for you than the ones with sugar in them usually because the synthetic chemicals are more toxic than sugar.  What you want to do is establish a permanent way of eating that is better for you and gets you where you want to be, combined with exercise.  You've also lost a lot of weight in a very short time -- hopefully, you're doing this in a healthful manner or it won't last.  But that's pretty impressive.  But you're too focused on calories -- how you metabolize food is more important.  If you want to see someone, don't see a dietician, see a holistic nutritionist.  Dieticians are the ones who devise cafeteria menus in schools and hospitals -- not very healthful places to eat.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Sorry, I meant I seeing a nutrition. She told me it alright to eat jello. I do have/should taking medicine for sleep but I don't take it. I mean I doing good with my food intake, until I get up in the middle of the night.
Comment
Cancel
Anyone who tells you it's okay to eat jello isn't a nutritionist who deserves the name.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
20134594 tn?1490836482
You don't need to use any sleeping pills or else you need to consult your doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank
JohnHaganMD commented on Consider ALL the Opti...
4 hrs ago
Blank
rgd123 commented on Consider ALL the Opti...
7 hrs ago
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank
JohnHaganMD commented on Activity after Retina...
Jul 19
Blank
Weight Tracker
Achieve your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Blank
973741 tn?1342346373