Exercise & Fitness Community
eating less, but gaining weight

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

eating less, but gaining weight

I am 54, and definitely menopausal.  Understanding that as we age we gain a certain amount of weight to the mid section, I have started to eat much less.  I try to spend at least 10-20 minutes a day exercising.  I have always been thin (5'6", 120 lbs.) but now I find even if I eat a lot less, I am gaining a great deal of weight (10 pounds in the past 6 months) That's a great deal of weight for me.  Is there something I can do?   I do not want to add the extra weight, but really don't feel I can cut back any more on my food intake.  I also take synthoid...but tests come back normal. Help! Thanks.
Avatar dr m tn
You need to go to a dietician and plan a neat diet chart and stick to that schedule and along with it exercise regularly. Cardio, more cardio increase the time, do not stress yourself and gradually when your output is more than input you will lose those extra calories and finally you can balance the weight at desired level. Take care!
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
Avatar n tn
cracker420 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine