Exercise & Fitness Community
excersising to get rid of mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

excersising to get rid of mucus

I have inflamed sinuses that is causing postnasal drip. It's giving me breathing trouble and  I feel mucus in my chest and throat. I have tried all meds to expell them from my chest area. Is there any kind of exercise I can do to pump out the mucus from my chest and throat to get me coughing up the phlegm?
I don't have asthma and I'm very athletic with perfect lung function so I'm not afraid to do anything physically.
Sounds like you're either eating the wrong kinds of food for your body, are allergic to something or have hay fever. There are mucus creating foods which may surprise you.
If I were you, I'd have and food intolerance tests and allergy tests, which will help to eliminate the cause of this. The medication you have been taking could cause stress in other parts of the body.
Also, there is a book called Mucusless Diet Healing System by Professor Arnold Ehret, ISBN 1-884772-00-5, which may interest you.
Good luck!
After a cardio session, try relaxing in a sauna for a while.  This will help thin the mucus so you can expel it.  Exercising outside in humid areas and possibly swimming may also help.
You know, I had the same problem. It started out as a cold, which later developed into deep lung cheese and wheezing about 2 months later. I tried taking Vitamin C, Echinacea, Olive Leaf extract and numerous other natural remedies. I'm one who hates to take antibiotics, but nonetheless finally decided to boost my immune system to get rid of it naturally. I used something called "transfer factor" which is a componenet of colostrum. I read about it from Shirleys Wellness Cafe, and had been using it with my animals. After the first day, I didn't notice much. But on the 4th day, my deep lung wheezing subsided and the mucus started to dissipate! I was amazed by how quickly it worked, without side effects. Now, whenever I have a problem, I just take Transfer Factor. Here's the link: http://www.transferfactor4all.com
HI ALL...I have a similar problem, and was told it is from "lactose" products, ie: milk, cream cheese, etc.  I always put half-n-half in my coffee in the morning and I get this constant throat clearing thing,  (I am sure it drives my husband crazy) and I get it more upon exertion, say, when I walk in the morning on the track.  Also, water doesn't help, and it almost feels like an asthma type thing.  I have very strong lungs, and scored very high on a breath-expellation-test that was given to me about 5 years ago-but wonder if it is because I have been very sedentary over the past two years.  I have also heard that sugar can contribute...to the throat clearing deal.  Any comments?
OJ, MILK, CHEEZ, and breathing in air that is loaded with mold/mildew will do it...(sorry to statee the obvious)
all u have to do is cough a bunch of time( its going to hurt) and then the muclus will come out!! kenya
mrs molenater is really mean to be and matthew. but we are going to creekview yeah son yeah son
just hold all of your mucus in and after a while it will all end up inside this girl names stace and if you want it back she will poop it out
mrs molneater  u were a great male teacher.!! i know u have not found a wife yet but keep looking.! and tyler i will teach u how to skate. before the pop shivit tyler u have to learn ollies duhhhhhhhhhhh. staaaaaaaaaaacy!! is tylers women
For the past week, I have been "hacking loogies." There was a sudden drop in temperature (I live in central New York.) and I noticed that my throat was sore. I woke up one morning and was stuffy and had a sore throat. The following day I developed a sinus headache and could not stop blowing my nose. And now, for the past few days, I've been hacking loogies! After a vigorous cardio workout this evening, I had quite the loogie episode. Can anyone tell me what this sounds like? I'm 20 years old and haven't had any previous syptoms (symptoms) of cystic fibrosis. But I'm a bit nervous. I tend to worry a lot and would truly appreciate any input and/ assurance.
Discontinue Milk and milk products till you have chest congestion. Boil 100 gms of neem leaves and drum-stick leaves adding 1/2 tsp of turmeric power and little pepper power boil it well till water content becomes half.  consume twrice a day.  It is too good for your skin cures many other deseases too.