Exercise & Fitness Community
exercise makes it worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

exercise makes it worse

Exercise is supposed to release endorphin or something to make me feel better and make the depression better. Instead I always feel worse after I exercise. I feel like a useless fat piece of crap that can barely make it up a hill and exhausted. I go slow, I'm not pushing myself too hard. I even go to the dog park so I'm doing something I enjoy. How do you get yourself going to exercise.
The release of endorphins depends on the type of exercise, intensity and duration. Cardiovascular exercises of moderate-high intensity for a period of 30 minutes will trigger endorphin release. So, jog/brisk walk/dance or yoga for half an hour will yield the best results. 10 minutes gives you a slight mood boost, but if you're talking about euphoria, you'll need to push it.

I would set a goal to stay motivated, be it for food, beauty, endurance, or bragging rights. Imagining your fats scream and die every day as you burn and sweat them out helps too. (Ha ha!)
Thank you, that was very sweet and encouraging!
Feeling better just isn't going to happen over night.  For me, I felt the same way.  Blimp just going through the motions, and then I started to notice changes.  Small at first, then bigger.  The more in shape I got, the more I could do.  The more I did, the better I felt.

Keep after it!  You can do this.

Keep after it!  You can do this.