Exercise & Fitness Community
exercising and not losing weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

exercising and not losing weight

I have been working out for 3 months now.  I work about 4 times a week and burn anywhere from 700-1000 calories every time...Im at the gym for atleast 2 hours AND I lift some weights from time to time.  Im 5;6 150 pounds and I want to be back down to 140 Im happy at that weight.  as much as I Love working out and I eat healthy..lots of salads and fruit..I have managed to gain 5 pounds since I have started working out and my clothes dont fit any better INFACT they are feeling more snug and one pair of my jeans is WAY TO TIGHT and they used to fit before my exercising.  What do you think could be the problem. My main problem area is my stomach..I have seen that my arms have gotten smaller but thats it!  whats going on?! and I know its normal to gain muscle however why is it that I am getting wider and heavier??  should I try anything new???  my usual workout is a 1 mile run followed by 50 min on the eliptical and 40 min on the cross trainer..I thought that would be enough to atleast lose 5 pounds.