Exercise & Fitness Community
female pelvic pain and exorcise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

female pelvic pain and exorcise

Am having pain in my pelvic area when i do anything with impact (running/step aerobic). I am looking for a possible reason for this. Has anyone ever experienced this or know whats up?
No way of knowing just by internet, but I run a lot (18 to 20 miles per week when not injured which seems to be alot since I turned 50 a couple years ago) and experience the same pain. Pain runs into the external vaginal area and I have to stop because the pain is so intense. I believe after much research and many chiropractic visits that it is piriformis syndrome caused by the tightening of the piroformis muscle. There are some specific stretches that work to release the muscle. I have recently bought two books "3 minutes to a pain free life" and "Relief is in the stretch" and have been doing the stretches every day and after every run and am feeling better even though I still hurt. Am seeing progress. I strained the muscle and possibly my hamstring during the week of the 4th. Could not run at all until last week. Started the stretches 3 weeks ago and am back to 30 minutes at a time. It is a cheap way to find out if that is your problem. Stretches can also be found on the net. If you try these do them gently increasing slowly never in pain or it will just get worse.
hi..

when i was today in interval class (which was my first time).. after about a half an hour of the training i felt a sharp pain in my pelvic area... from both sides.. if its i'm ovulating.. & i dont know if i was.. but i sat in a corner & tears were in my eyes.. i never had this if i was ovulating.. after 15 min i came back to play again.. & it was still hurt be only milder..

after that i had ring-pilates class with same instructor.. she later asked me about what happened.. i told her ..& she told me this is normal.. this maybe related to dehydration.. & this can occur again..

my pelvic area still hurt now.. especially if i laughed out loud :) ... but i think most likely it could be a combination of ovulation & the dehydration ..

Best of luck