Exercise & Fitness Community
frozen shoulder PT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

frozen shoulder PT

I was told I have a frozen shoulder. The "sleeper stretch" really seems to hit me in the right spot and it feels great for a while, but it's been a year and my internal rotation is still tight. If I lay on my side in the sleeper stretch position, then rotate my shoulder in opposition, so my hand is now above my head with my elbow bent at 90 degrees. Then use a dumbell, lifting it so my arm is vertical to the ground, keeping my elbow on the ground. Will strengthening this muscle help my internal rotation?
The treatment protocol for a "frozen shoulder" generally involves range-of-motion exercises through the limits of pain. As to the precise exercises you need an in-person visit with a physical rehab specialist who has a copy of your medical records and evaluation.