Exercise & Fitness Community
headache and exercise

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

headache and exercise

Hi..
I have a question if someone can help me with this one it woumd help..
I've started Tae-Bo classes 2 weeks ago ( 2 times a week 1hour 15 minutes class)
i am not an active person but wanted to do something other then my 25 minutes walk i do 2 or
3 times a week... I REALLY enjoy the class and to my surprise i can actually keep up during
the class... ( i am not in shape and chubby)
my question is could this be the cause of headaches??
i am not someone who gets headaches often but i've notice that since i started my class
i get some..also the last 15 minutes of class we do floor exercise... and thats HARD...

Avatar n tn
You said you were not been an active person apart from walking what you do.
The cause of headache in your case could be due to Hypoglycemia or related to Arterial hypertension.
I feel it is hypoglycemia as the body store of glucose comes after doing exercises and if you don’t have enough stores then it can cause various symptoms including headaches.
I think you should be meeting a physician and get yourself evaluated for Glucose intolerance and hypertension check.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
I have recently started working with a trainer and I am in the same shape as you describe. He said the headaches are likely from high cholesterol. I haven't researched this yet but will. I am a nurse and suspect it is high blood pressure, but it would make sense that high cholesterol is the cause of  high blood pressure. If it doesn't improve in a week I would go to a pharmacy that has a blood pressure machine and check it before and after class.if it is high you may need medicine until it comes down.
KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
58 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
Contamination Of Oat-Based Cereals...
12 hrs ago by gymdandee
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine